Your privacy is very important to us and we are committed to protecting it.
We collect information that you provide to us, or automatically about you. The information that we collect is the following:
- Personal data that you provide us through the forms you fill in on our Site
- Device, browser, operating system and IP identification
- Browsing behavior
- Sites you have visited before or after visiting our Site
- Through forms you fill in on our Site
- To provide you with our Services as an unregistered or registered user of the Site
- To manage and improve the performance of our products and Services
- To target our promotional communication according to your use of our Site or Services
- For audits and reporting purposes
- For security, and to protect legal requirements of our own, as well as that of our employees, our agents or others, and to comply with applicable law and government requests.
- Your personal data won’t be stored for longer time than it is required by legal obligations, or our legitimate business interests.
- Other companies belonging to or directly affiliated to Book a Home Holiday Homes and always in accordance with this policy.
- Certain service providers that perform a number of services on our behalf, such as web hosting, email service providers, payment processing, analytics, etc. To do so, we sometimes need to share your personal information with them for the purposes described above. These service providers are located around the world. Therefore, the personal data that we collect may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of your jurisdiction. Any international transfer of your personal information is made by following the appropriate safeguards.
- Certain third-parties when required by Law, and when Necessary to Provide, and to Protect Our Services, as well as in Connection with a Corporate Transaction.
- Certain third-party partners, after we receive your explicit consent. We will request your consent to share personal information about you with third parties so that they may provide you with special offers, promotional materials, and other materials that may be of interest to you.
- Aggregated information that does not identify specific individuals.
- Rights of access: you have the right to obtain confirmation that your personal data is processed, and in the case of processing, information regarding the purposes of your data processing, the retention period (and the criteria used to determine this period) of the data, the recipients to whom your personal data has been or will be disclosed, and a copy of your personal data that we maintain
- Rights to data portability: you have the right to receive your personal data that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format
- Rights to rectification: you have the right to obtain rectification of any inaccurate or incomplete personal data that we maintain about you
- Rights to erasure (right to be forgotten): you have the right, in some circumstances, to obtain erasure of the personal data that we maintain about you
- Rights to restriction of processing: you have the right, in some circumstances, to obtain restriction of processing to the personal data that we maintain about you
- Rights to object: you have the right to object to any processing of your personal data that we maintain, but there may be compelling reasons for continuing this processing from our side. In any case we will assess your request and respond to you accordingly.
The ways in which we collect the afore-mentioned information are via the following:
If you make a payment for our products or Services through our Site, the payment details you provide will be provided directly to our payment provider via a secured connection. The cardholder must retain a copy of transaction records, along with our policies and rules.
Use of personal information
We use the collected information:
Disclosure of personal information
Credit/debit card details and all personally identifiable information will NOT be sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
We disclose personal information in the following circumstances and to the following parties:
Information security and privacy incident reporting
We are taking all reasonable organizational and technical measures in order to safeguard your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, change or damage. Having said that, no security program is 100% thus we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal or other information.
In order to handle any potential data privacy incident and minimize its consequences, we have implemented a relevant procedure. Upon the occurrence of a data privacy incident (breach) you will be informed as soon as the incident is taken into consideration. Additionally, the relevant Data Protection Authority will be informed within 48 hours after incident has been noticed.
Your rights related to your personal data
The following rights in respect to your personal information that we maintain:
In case you wish to exercise one of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lastly, you have also the right to raise a complaint to your local data protection authority.
Policy towards children
Our Services are addressed to individuals, who are at least 18 years old, unless we specify otherwise. For individuals under 18, we do not knowingly collect personal data, without prior parental consent. If you find out that your child has provided us with any personal data, without your prior consent, please inform us, in order to delete this information and terminate any account that your child may have created with us.
Updates to this Policy